• New
ornellaia 2010 la celebrazione 75 cl - enoteca pirovano
Ornellaia

Ornellaia 2010 The Celebration 75 cl

€298.00
Tax included

The Ornellaia Bolgheri DOC Superiore 2010, is a vintage that wants to celebrate 25 years of the Ornellaia by expressing the excellence of the cellar with this harmonious red wine, with a typical Tuscan terroir and its extreme elegance.

Quantity
  Available

Ornellaia 2010 is a red wine that celebrates Ornellaia's twenty-fifth anniversary. A Bolgheri Doc that looks like one of the most elegant expressions of the Ornellaia, of excellent quality and a perfect expression of its native territory: Tuscany.

This 2010 Ornellaia is made up of Cabernet Sauvignon 53%, Merlot 39%, Cabernet Franc 4% and Petit Verdot 4%.

2010 was a late vintage for its grapes, characterized by a rainy spring and a very hot and dry summer which allowed optimal ripening of the bunches.

The harvest began in mid-September with a meticulous selection of the grapes which, after careful destemming, are subjected to a soft pressing. Each variety and parcel is vinified separately. The alcoholic fermentation is carried out in stainless steel vats followed by maceration and malolactic fermentation in oak barriques for 70% new and the remaining 30% in first passage.

Finally, the Ornellaia remains in barriques in the Ornellaia cellar at controlled temperature for a period of about 18 months before being bottled, where it remains for another 12 months before being introduced onto the market.

The result is a splendid Ornellaia 2010 with an intense ruby ​​red color, complex aromas blended with enveloping tones of black berry fruit, spices and tobacco. The taste is fine and the tannins are silky, very elegant, with intense fruity gradations.

Product Details

Ornellaia
SKU4531

Data sheet

Vintage
2010
Appellation
Bolgheri DOC
Region
Italy
Italy - Tuscany
Alcohol content
Between 13.5-15.9%
Alcohol
14.5%
Grape Types
Cabernet Franc
Cabernet Sauvignon
Merlot
Petit Verdot
Aging
Wood - 13-24 months
Aging - Maturity
18 months in barriques and 12 months in bottle
Format
75 cl
Service temperature
16-18°
Food-wine Pairing
Aged cheese
Game
Pasta Bolognese
Red meat stew
Roasted and grilled meat